Here are the steps to become a member of GPMS. Please note that while younger kids are allowed in the building, you must be 16 or older to become a member and use the makerspace's equipment. (For the full GPMS rules, click here.)
1. Fill out an Application Form (see below)
- Choose one of our three membership levels.
- Individual Membership ($40/month). This is our basic membership level. It grants you 24/7 keycard access to the makerspace, reduced rates for classes, and the option to reserve event/classroom space.
- Family Membership ($70/month). This level grants all the benefits of an Individual Membership, but for up to 4 members of you and your household.
- Volunteer Membership ($25/month). This level is for members who want to be more involved in the operations of the makerspace. It grants all the benefits of an Individual Membership, but also requires the member to dedicate 4 hours of volunteer time each month to Board-approved tasks in/around the makerspace.
[Note: if you are employed by one of our Corporate Sponsors, please indicate that on the application form. When we have verified your employment, the discounted rate will be applied to your account.]
- Select additional member options.
- Storage Locker ($5/month). This option allows you to store personal tools and small projects at GPMS so you don't have to haul them back and forth between home and the makerspace. You will need to provide your own lock.
- 4'x4' Storage Space ($10/month). This storage option is for larger project/tool storage, or to keep your own personal workbench in the makerspace.
- Private Studio ($50-150/month). If you would like your own private workspace where you can leave unfinished projects and equipment without having to clean up at the end of the day, you can rent up to three adjacent 50 sq. ft. studio spaces for $50/month.
2. Complete Liability Waiver(s) and Parent/Guardian Agreement(s)
- Each member must have a signed Liability Waiver on file. For 16- and 17-year-olds, the waiver must be completed by a parent or legal guardian.
- If you would like to bring children 15 and younger into the building at any time, you must complete a Parent/Guardian Agreement for each child.
3. Register to attend a New Member Orientation
After your membership is approved, visit our Calendar page and register for the next New Member Orientation. At Orientation, you'll learn the rules and expectations of the makerspace, and you'll receive your keycard.
4. Join the GPMS Members group on Facebook
This is where you can keep up with various goings-on at the makerspace.
5. Register to attend Training Classes
Many of the tools and Labs at GPMS require trainings before you are allowed to use them. These trainings are free to members and are offered regularly (check the Calendar page).
6. Make things!
Once you have completed the required classes, you're free to use GPMS space and equipment whenever you want! For more information about specific Labs, start here.